THE TRUTH ABOUT BRAZILIAN HAIR VS. INDIAN HAIR
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU BUY BRAZILIAN HAIR OR INDIAN HAIR
When it comes to add-on hair, the choices are as endless as there are types and textures of natural human hair in the world. Many companies even throw out phrases about where their hair may be from, such as “Pure Brazilian Hair” or “100% Indian Remy Hair…straight from temple!” Before you make a choice it’s important to get a little educated.
100% Indian Human Hair
Legitimately gathered in India from ethical sources.
- Highest quality hair on the market.
- Naturally light and airy, it moves effortless with lots of bounce
- Tangle-resistant, easy to style
- Naturally being a dark brown, it blends ins with virtually all hair types, especially African American
The #1 most counterfeited hair on the market, most often Asian hair that has been dyed.
- Supposedly more humidity resistant than Indian hair.
- True Brazilian hair is durable, but it also very dense, so it poses some limitations in terms of movement and styling.
- Curly Brazilian hair holds tighter curls, making them stiff and almost impossible to flat iron.
COMMON CLAIM: “BUT BRAZILIAN HAIR IS SUPERIOR TO INDIAN HAIR BECAUSE IT’S LESS PRONE TO FRIZZ.” WRONG!
Here’s some real science fact: ALL hair can be prone to frizz if the structure of extension hair or even your natural hair is damaged. Healthy hair of any type has shingle-like layers that sit tightly together to keep hydration in and extra moisture out. If these layers are damaged, not only does moisture bleed out of the hair (drying it out in the process), but it allows too much moisture in…giving you a frizzy bad hair day!
Indian hair, Brazilian hair and your own hair needs essential protection, moisturizing and care to stay strong and healthy. In short, this claim doesn’t “hold water”!